TWO-TONE

TWO-TONE

—
CHEERS TO THE BEST JEANS I’VE EVER WORN!

I could pretty much call these jeans my Best Friend. During my architecture degree, I used to go into the city centre of Oxford and do a little shop now and then – a little much-needed retail therapy when I was stuck in the studio for countless hours! I remember being out early one morning, I wanted to check out the recently opened Topshop, and they happened to begin a sale that day ..a huge sale rack all to myself, untouched by the public, just like a dream. I couldn’t believe my eyes, I mean, usually when I find nice pieces in a sale they are never in my size not even the ‘it’s a bit bigger than I’d want, but I can get away with that!’ kind. But holy moly this very morning was MY morning – a cool pair of two-tone jeans, in my exact waist size and length, and wait for it.. marked from forty pounds to only ten pounds?! waaaah.

Sometimes you just get lucky, huh? I mean okay, maybe this is no big deal, a pair of jeans.. but jeans are that staple item, almost like a necessity in the wardrobe – we all own at least one pair (even if you don’t wear jeans anymore, I know they’re in there somewhere! 😉 ). You can wear them to tone-down a formal outfit, you can wear them with heels by night to liven up a casual day outfit.

So why do I think these are the best pair of jeans I’ve ever laid eyes on? First of all, let’s just discuss Topshop Jamie jeans – they are know to be über soft. They’re definitely made of denim, but these jeans make me feel like I’m wearing leggings – I think you can even tell from the photos, they’re the stretchy kind of denim, which makes them perfectly comfortable and flexible. I also love that the double tone adds some kind of dimension to a simple outfit. I mean, imagine this outfit with a simple white tee instead of this jumper, it’d still be cool just because of that little detailing on the jeans! They’re pretty fun to wear. I believe they are no longer around, but I’ve found you some similar jeans, and some with a variation of the two tone (like these cool patchwork style ones). If you wear jeans a lot and haven’t tried the two-tone style, I’d definitely recommend them to liven up the ‘basics’ section of your wardrobe!

Speak soon – K.

OUTFIT DETAILS

Jumper – Zara HERE

Jeans – old Topshop (alternative HERE)

Sunglasses – Ray-Ban HERE

Shoes – GAP HERE

36 Comments

1. May 17, 2017 / 11:49 pm

Your casual outfits are always so chic!
    I am wanting a few more jumpers this winter – I saw a girl today with lacing on her sleeves and I really liked that.
    So maybe I get jumpers like yours and hers.
    Kiri
    Set to Glow

• May 18, 2017 / 7:22 am

Aww thank you Kiri! Although spring has just started here.. I’ve learnt over winter that I need to up my game with the jumpers – this is pretty much the only one I wanted to wear! It’s nice to have a mix of styles and colours.. the lacing on the sleeve look sounds super cool!

2. May 18, 2017 / 3:28 am

This would be such a great look for school!! Especially for fall. Love it!

– Avalon from simplyavalon.blogspot.com

• May 19, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Thanks! As you can see I’m currently living in them haha – so comfy and light.

3. May 18, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Oh my god I LOVE my Topshop jeans!! You are so right about every single one of these points – they are so soft and they have such an amazing fit even after the washing machine! Amazing choice!

x
    Shloka

• May 19, 2017 / 9:48 pm

So glad you agree! ..and even when they do start to wear ..they STILL look cool!

• May 19, 2017 / 9:55 pm

You should definitely try them out, Cindy! I love that the contrast between the tones is a subtle one, making it an everyday kind of jean! Really enhances the simplest of outfits <3

• May 22, 2017 / 10:58 am

You should definitely try some two-tone jeans out, there’s so many variations out there!

• May 22, 2017 / 11:00 am

Thanks! At first I looked at them and was like can I pull this off..? haha, I’m usually into the more simple styles.. so two-tone was definitely something new and experimental for me (even though it’s not COMPLETELY ‘out there’), but the fact that the tones are a subtle contrast helps make the jeans a flattering piece!

4. Amy-Anne
    May 23, 2017 / 10:54 am

I did just try to comment but maybe my computer messed up because I don’t think it went through. I was basically saying that this outfit is gorgeous and that you’re super stylish – and I envy your flawless fashion sense!

Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

• May 24, 2017 / 7:57 pm

Ah no! It’s gone through now for sure <3 I appreciate that comment so much, Amy, so glad you are enjoying!

5. May 24, 2017 / 9:00 pm

What a great find… just to think of an untouched sales rack at Topshop makes me smile !
    Great jeans.

• May 25, 2017 / 7:32 pm

Thanks Lorena! I know right?! I definitely had a huge smile on my face haha! Sale love <3

• May 25, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Thanks so much Elizabeth! So sweet of you <3 I used to dislike wearing jeans so much, but if you pick the right ones you'll love wearing them!

6. May 25, 2017 / 11:36 pm

Great 2-tone jeans. I have a pair I bought months ago, but haven’t worn them very much. I actually want to cut them and alter them a little before I do again. I love how you wore these. You look beautiful!

Xo,
    Miki

• May 27, 2017 / 5:39 pm

Thanks Miki! That sounds cool, a little customisation, can’t wait to see them when they’re finally complete! x